Today we dive into the popular bliss balls. The ones that require minimal ingredients yet produce a sweet, fudgy and tasty ball. Today’s flavour…Hazelnut!
So get your kitchen gear ready and your aprons on, as we make this simple wholesome snack.
These Hazelnut Bliss Balls use only 5 ingredients and take less than 30 minutes to make.
Are you ready for how simple they are? All you need are roasted hazelnuts (you can buy these from supermarkets or health stores), dates, cacao powder, cinnamon and water. Process it together using your trusty food processor and then roll them into balls. The optional choice is to then roll them into hazelnut meal. They taste the same with or without it but I think they look a little prettier with it on.
Enjoy these as a mid afternoon pick me up with a cup of tea, as they are packed with enough energy to get you over that 3pm slump.
They can also be enjoyed by many as they are refined sugar free, paleo, vegan and all natural.
….So what are you waiting for? Let’s get baking!
- - 2¼ cups (315g) roasted hazelnuts
- - 1 cup (190g) dates
- - 3 tablespoons (40g) cacao powder
- - ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- - 6-8 teaspoons boiling water*
- - 3 tablespoons hazelnut meal (optional)
- Place all the ingredients, except for the hazelnut meal, in a food processor and blend to form a sticky thick mixture.
- Using your hands, roll about a tablespoon of the mixture into a ball and then roll it into the optional hazelnut meal.
- Continue doing this until you've got no more mixture.
- Serve and enjoy.
*This will depend on how moist your dates are. Start with 6 and add in more boiling water if you need to.